REWORK_Philip Glass Remixed on Orange Mountain Music
Circles on Materiali Sonori
DancePieces on Sony Masterworks
Philip Glass Film Scores on Orange Mountain Music
Glass Masters on Sony Masterworks
Glass Reflections on Orange Mountain Music
Glassworks on Sony Masterworks
Obras Maestras / Oeuvres Majeures on Sony
Minimal Piano Works, Volume 1 on Piano Productions
Piano Music of Philip Glass on Roméo Records
Piano Music on Pianovox
The Essential Philip Glass on Sony Masterworks
Music from The Hours (Solo Piano) on Orange Mountain Music
The Hours on Nonesuch
Philip Glass: Up Close on Orange Mountain Music
Music by Philip Glass
2 fl, 2 sop sax (1 clarinet, optional), 2 tenor sax (1 bass clar.), 2 french horns, violas, cellos, piano / synthesizer
Music composed for the Glassworks recording. Each movement can be performed separately.
- Opening: piano (solo)
- Floe: 2 fl, 2 sop, 2 ten, 2 hn, synthesizer.
- Islands: 2 fl, 2 sop, 1 ten, 1 bcl, 2 hn, va, vc, synthesizer.
- Rubric: 2 fl, 2 sop, 2 ten, 2 hn, synthesizer
- Fašades: 2 sop, va, vc; synthesizer doubles va/vc and is optional, good idea if low string count
- Closing: 1 fl, 1 cl (can substitute sop), 1 bcl, 1 hn, va, vc, piano
Glassworks was my debut record on CBS. This music was written for the recording studio, though a number of the pieces soon found their way into the Ensemble repertory. A six-"movement" work, Glassworks was intended to introduce my music to a more general audience than had been familiar with it up to then.
— Philip Glass
Dunvagen Music Publishers
* For important information regarding score rental & licensing, go to the CONTACT page*